VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Saturday night, just sitting down to write something. It's already after 9pm, the clocks go ahead tonight, and there’s one less hour of sleep for everyone. Prepare to travel through time!

This isn't going to be a particularly long entry, as I am being distracted by a large bowl of Hagen Daz Pralines and Cream, so you will have to excuse me if you don't have my fullest attention. Also, I spent the day enjoying a mild dose of shrooms, so I am probably not as sharp as I could be right now. After the ice cream, I'll skin up a nice spliff and relax until the Mrs. gets home.

Speaking of the ice cream, its delicious. It's one of my favourite flavours as well, the saltiness of the carmelised nuts compliments the sweet creaminess of the ice cream. Mmmmmmmmmm.

My father telephoned earlier, I picked up. Bad idea, especially with all the shrooming going on, but I thought I could deal with it at the time. He told me was pissing blood again. Whenever I hear him say stuff like that, it makes my scrotum tighten and my insides-down-there shrivel. The whole thing is very distressing.

He heard from his urologist that the oncologist is not going to have the surgery performed on him, so his bladder and the tumour will stay put. The tumour won't, it will just keep growing until it breaks through the bladder and spreads. They can still consider chemo or radiotherapy, but the outlook is pretty bleak.

My mother was in the background, largely unintelligible by both my father and me. Overall the entire thing is pretty pathetic, but made worse by my drug-induced state and my inability to deal with the situation.

They asked me to come again, begged really. I said no. My father asked why. I never ask why, I find it a fairly pointless question, if something is one way or another understanding why it is that way is not going to change the outcome.

I told him I thought it would tear me apart, that I couldn’t handle it, that it was all too much for me to deal with. His response, to tell me about the giant hamburgers he bought at a local shop, cheap and delicious.

He changed the subject, which is what he does. By not going for a visit, I'm denying a dying man his last wish that’s what I do.

I think my mind is pretty made up, I am not going to visit. I might regret it for the rest of my life, but right now, I believe it is for the best. If I was to change my mind, the clock's ticking, but I'm not going to change it. I'm not. Really.

Anyway, today is a bit of milestone for the hippy because if you plug "northlondonhippy" into Google, it will now bring you straight to my blog. You can see for yourself here .

Living that hippy lifestyle, so you don't have to!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?