VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Thursday, March 25, 2004

A very dull day for me today, was planning on going up to my local high street for a bit of shopping, but haven't gone yet. Too many distractions and excuses to leave, though I might take a walk up soon, for an abbreviated trip.

I don't have that much to say today, feeling more than a bit blah. There is more to this picture than I am willing to share right now. Things have been pretty good in the last week or so, I guess one down day ain't so bad.

My brother has read some of this blog. I think he was surprised at how personal I have been, especially about our parents. When I decided to start this blog, under the influence of shrooms, I set down some simple rules I would follow.

One, be honest, two, be personal, three, write quickly, four, edit it once and then publish, five, decide on boundaries and stick to them. So far, so good.

Basically I envisioned this blog as a place where I could write just about anything I wanted, whatever was on my mind that day. I was always hoping it might get my creative juices flowing a bit, since I have been, not blocked, but stalled with my writing.

So far, I've stuck to this plan, especially the writing quickly and only editing once. A quick troll of my previous entries shows text littered with typos and mistakes. I'm not going to apoligize for this, its part of the nature of the way I'm going to blog, I do not want to get bogged down in editing this to death.

This is off the top of my head writing, which is fairly undemanding to do. I just hope it is equally easy to read.

I've been thinking about what would happen if people actually started reading this blog, what effect it would have on my writing. I would like to think that I will continue without any change, but the reality is that if I ever receive any feedback, it will influence what I write.

I've got a pretty thick skin, you need one to work in television, but this is fairly personal, can I handle criticism? Not well, he replied truthfully, but I've opened myself up to it here. It's not like anyone would be able to trace this back to who I am in the real world, not easily anyway.

Unless someone who knows me reads this, which I suppose is possible, but not likely. I don't think I've put that much in here that would make it easy to unmask the hippy.

And what if I was identified, so what? Who would care? I really am nobody. I would like to think that I would keep writing no matter what happens. I'm actually enjoying it. I've never kept a diary before and this is the closest thing to one I've ever had.

I think what I like about doing this blog is the instant gratification of it. You type some shit, preview it, then publish it and suddenly its out there on the web. I know I've come late to the world of blogging, but its a very simple, quick and undemanding form of expression. Perhaps too easy and that makes it simple to ramble endlessly about nonsense. I hope not, but it’s impossible for me to judge.

The northlondonhippy is one week old today! With my track record of attention span, this is quite a feat for me and I am not taking it lightly. Once I have built up a reasonable archive, I might consider submitting it to some sites that advertise blogs. I'm not sure what this would accomplish, but it might get me some feedback, which would be nice.

That's about it for now, I might come back later if I have the time and something new to say.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?" How much time have you got?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?