VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

When I started this blog, (WOW!) nearly 3 months ago, it was because I wanted something to do with my time during a period of prolonged unemployment. Things couldn't have turned around more since then! I've got more work then I know what to do with; feast or famine is just the way it goes I guess.

Instead of relaxing tomorrow and Thursday as I had planned (as well as shrooming my socks off), I'm working. Actually, starting on Weds, I'm working 16 of the next 20 nights. Yeeeehaaaa! Put it all down to my clever diary secretary oh wait, that's me.

I can't believe I have so much in such a short time. I'll be fine as long as I'm disciplined about coming home and sleeping, but I fear this blog will suffer most.

Even funnier on the work front, my mobile phone rang a little while ago. It was someone from the personnel department of a company I sent my CV to last December; a scant seven months ago! They were offering a staff job and wanted to me to have an interview and take a writing test. I told them "no thanks", but they said if I changed my mind, to re-apply via their website. I'm happy being freelance for now.

I know I'm taking too much work, but I reckon it's better to grab it while it's being offered. That's the downside to freelancing, no real security. As long as people get sick and take holidays, I'll be just fine!

Did ya watch the footie on Sunday? I did, and I bet that surprises you. I'm not really a football fan. I can't be bothered with the Premiership; professional sport leaves me a bit cold. Bored, more like it. International football is more interesting and yes, I'm supporting England. It was a depressing end to the match against France, but not altogether unexpected.

The England side has a habit of disappointing their fans. They don't mean to, actually, I'm sure they would prefer to win. They just don't. If you don't want to be disappointed, watch Big Brother instead!

There's no chance of disappointment with BB, 'cause you know from the start that all twelve contestants are losers. They can't let you down. The same can't be said for the national football team.

I took a taxi into work on Sunday night, which was not cheap, but is tax deductible. I decided that aside from the heat, it was best to avoid the tube on a match night. I will do the same whenever England is playing and I'm working. It makes good sense.

The simple fact is that the authorities prevented nearly three thousand "known and suspected football hooligans" from travelling to Portugal for Euro2004. So if they are not in Portugal, where are they? They're here in the UK, looking to kick YOUR head in. Not only is their team losing (granted after only one game), but they couldn't even go kick in Johnny Foreigner's skull, so they have to make do with who-ever they can find.

Don't believe me? Check this out ARTICLE from a very well known and respected news agency.

And if you think keeping the hardcore bampots from travelling has kept things calm in Portugal, think again. Better yet, read another REPORT from the same agency on the fun and games abroad.

One side effect of all of the work I've got over the next 3 weeks is that I won't have as much time as I would like to blog. Those of you who check for updates daily (do you exist?) will just have to make the best of a bad situation. You could always email me at northlondonhippy@yahoo.co.uk for a personal update on my life. But you won’t, you never do. Love me or hate me, I'm still the northlondonhippy.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?