VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Good morning.

Yes, I'm at work and yes, I'm more than a bit bored. That's ok, I'm being paid to be bored. And stay awake, consciousness counts as well.

Life is ok actually. I guess.

My father was discharged from hospital last week, he's home now. I was pleasantly surprised to discover this when he phoned me on Thursday. He sounded much better than the last time I spoke to him, some 6 weeks ago.

The fact is I've written him off more than once in the last 6 months, but he seems to keep going. He's wheel-chair bound, he can't walk. I don't know if this is down to his general health or if the cancer has effected his spinal column.

I didn't ask many questions, hardly any actually. I wasn't really sure what to say to him. My guilt continues to grow, much like his tumour. The pessimist in me thinks he's probably come home to die. I don't know how much time he's got left, neither does he I'd bet. He sounded better than I would have suspected.

My mother, on the other hand, sounded worse. I spoke to her as well and hardly got anything she said, less than 10% was understandable. It's frustrating to say the least.

I haven't spoken to my younger brother for quite a while now. I have no news whatsoever on him. I hope he is ok, but I just don't know. I don't even know if he has been in contact with my parents. Thankfully they have not asked me about him. I wouldn't know what to say if they did.

I expect they will enquire after him at some point. I guess I'll just tell the truth if they do. I'm not sure what the truth is exactly. I guess I'll tell them he's decided not to speak to me any more and leave it at that.

They'll ask why. I don't know why. As I've mentioned before, I never ask "why" about anything. Let's hope they don't ask me anything.

I don't know what to think about any of this, especially the news about my father. As long as he is not in any pain or suffering, it's a good thing he is still around.

Even though I'm so far away, geographically and otherwise, I still love all three of them very much and hope they are all alright.

This is not the time to get tearful, sitting in a room full of people I hardly know, so I should change the subject.

When I finish this run of nights on Tuesday morning, I've got about a week off. Sounds like I'll have time to get some proper rest as well as do some much needed shrooming. I've also got to score some dope, which is actually becoming a more pressing issue than I wish it was. My usual contact is out of reach (long story), so I need to hook up with someone new and helpful.

You can read about my last little draught here. It's an amusing story, but not a situation I wanted to repeat. Hopefully something cool will happen this week, or your friendly neighbourhood hippy might have to spend a day stone-cold sober! Fuck no, we can't let that happen!

Perhaps I should get some of that kratom stuff. It sounds like it could be good fun.

I've got to sort out my taxes from 2003 this week as well. Yawn. Double-yawn. I hate bureaucracy with a passion, but these things need to be done.

And I've also got to do something about my car. The insurance and MOT are up at the end of the month and I have no intention of renewing either. It's sell it or give it away time. It's a bummer actually, because I've been using it more lately, especially for getting to work. Once it's gone, I'm going to replace it, I think.

That's it from me for now. As always, thank *you* for reading my blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?