VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Sunday, August 29, 2004

I've been looking at other blogs today. I'll admit I've not really read that many, which is quite a large admission considering I've been writing this one for nearly six months.

Six months! Holy mother of fuck! I didn't think my attention span stretched that long.

At the top right of this page, you'll see a button that says "next blog" and that's exactly what it does, it points your browser at another, random blog. That's what I've done this morning, and I saw lots of other blogs.

Don't *you* click it now, at least not yet! You only just arrived...

Now there's loads out there, you could even say blogs are like assholes, everyone's got one. What I noticed is that most people have put more effort into theirs than I have on mine. Perhaps my underachieving nature extends to my online persona.

I'm lazy, but then as a hippy you would expect that of me. I'm using one of the cheap and nasty Blogger templates for this blog. It looks like hundreds of others you'll find online. Some people have put loads of work into making their blogs look unique. I've tried to make my words unique instead.

Or is that a cop out? I actually just dribble some words across the screen and click on "publish". Would a snazzier interface make my blog any more interesting? Or make it more readable? Would it bring in the punters?

The reading on my hit counter and my failed hippymobile give away lead me to believe that I don't have any punters. Even if I did, I have nothing to punt. except my soul.

The other thing I've been thinking about today is death.

Death is something that we all probably think about too much. I was obsessed with my fear of death as a teenager. I was afraid of my own, as well as the deaths of people close to me.

Now that I am on the wrong side of 40, I worry about my own more. I worry that my death will not be peaceful. I very much wish to die quietly in my sleep. When my time comes, of course. I'm in no rush to die right now.

There have been times where I would have welcomed death and wished I didn't exist. I don't feel that way today. Who knows about tomorrow?

I know about tomorrow, at least I mean the real tomorrow, the August bank holiday. I've got a date with some shrooms, so it's telephone off, music channels on, twisted thoughts to the fore. I'm gonna take a whacking big dose and not think about death all goddamn day.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?