VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I'm back already. Damn that was quick.

But that's because I have just discovered something exciting that I have to share with you all. The hippy has been nominated for an award!

That's right, Deutche-Welle in Germany is having a "Best of the Blogs" competition, known as "The BOBs". The northlondonhippy is up for "Best Weblog". Wow!

I don't think I have a chance in hell of winning anything, but it's nice to know I'm being considered. Don't believe me, see for yourself right:

HERE!

Deutche-Welle (DW) for those of you who don't know is Germany's version of BBC World Service (radio and tv) and broadcasts around the world in German and English (and probably other languages as well).

They are on SKY Digital in the UK, and on many cable and satellite providers in the US and around the world. While I was in Corfu recently, DW-TV was one of 2 channels broadcasting in English in my hotel room and I watched a reasonable amount of it. They produce quality news and documentaries.

The actual voting doesn't begin until the first of November, at this point their panel of judges is considering entries for inclusion in the next phase, which is voting for the winner. They will pick 10 entries in each of the 22 categories.

I'm certain the judges are people with definitive style and taste and excellent critical skills. Without a doubt, they are the finest panel of judges to ever peruse weblogs in this history of the internet.

Ok, I’m ass-kissing a little, but if that doesn't get me to the final ten, how about offers of bribes, drugs, or sex? Is there anyone you need "taken out"? I'd even consider providing my contract services for free, if I can just get on that shortlist! I need this man, I really do. Love me, love me, love me!

In short, there's nothing this hippy won't do to promote this blog! Go on, try me!

I'll keep you all posted on the progress, if I make the short list (and pigs fly), I'll give you all details on how to vote HIPPY!

I'd ask you all for a yippppeeee to celebrate my inclusion in the contest, but I need to let you in on a little secret, I got into this contest through self-nomination. Don't worry, I won't do it again. I already wear glasses, and if I continue to self-nominate, I might just go blind!
Comments:
Way to go, hippy man... I wonder how your blog made it there. Needless to say, good luck!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?