VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Saturday, October 23, 2004

I'm back already. I'm bored. Very bored. I've got about 5 hours left and nothing to do for most of that time. The tv viewing selection here tonight is quite thin, there's nothing to watch but the news, which will be repeated over and over on every channel until I leave. Yawn.

Mrs. Hippy is now in Washington DC, where she will be for at least 2 more weeks, perhaps even longer. I'm missing her, a lot. She'll be working every day while she's there. I hope she's OK, I won't be able to speak to her as much as I want to. Maybe she'll have time to check my blog. If she does, "hi honey!".

I've been surfing the net a bit, even that's boring me. I'm going to spend some time later looking over the BOBs website, to see what the competition is like. There's so many blogs out there, perhaps I'll find an interesting one. Of course, none will be as thought-provoking as my blog. As if.

I've just spent some time reading Salam Pax's recent entries in his blog, on his 1st trip to DC. The series of 7 articles was published in my favourite UK newspaper, The Guardian. Here's a link to the series. You might have heard of him, he's the Baghdad Blogger and made a name for himself in the lead up to Gulf War 2. He got himself a book deal on the strength of his blog. Anyone want a hippy book, I'd be willing to accept a highly paid commission to write one!

He was a definite influence on me when I created this blog. He received a lot of attention, but then he really had something to say. He still does, check it out. The Washington DC visit series is very entertaining.

My other blogging influence was Belle du Jour, but she pulled the plug on her blog last month. It's still online, though, if you want to have a look, here's another link. She got a book deal too.

Sorry, just had a bit of a break and a wander out of the building, one of my colleagues needed a packet of smokes and didn't want to venture outside to the petrol station alone. Don't blame 'em, it's 2am in London and you don't wanna be wandering the streets on your own.

There are now nearly 2,000 references to "northlondonhippy" on Google. How cool is that? They're all probably as a result of this very blog, but hey...I score fairly well on GoogleWar now!

I'm still bored and writing this hasn't really helped. How the hell am I suppose to win an award for the best blog of the year when I can't even entertain myself?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?