VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Friday, October 15, 2004

I've got to be back at work in ten hours. This entry shouldn't take me that long.

The US presidential election campaign has gotten interesting. Naturally, like most of the world (but only 1/2 of likely American voters), I'm supporting John Kerry.

To be honest, I'd support just about anyone against George W (for Waste of Space) Bush. I'd even support a turd over Bush.

I watched a good chunk of the 3rd debate live and Bush is a buffoon, he's the village idiot, he's, oh for fuck sake, semi-retarded. Sorry, I'm getting a bit exasperated by just how stupid he is.

So how dumb do you have to be to vote for him? We'll find out on November 3rd, when the ballots have been counted and they declare a winner.

Or will they? Is it going to be a re-run of the 2000 election? Maybe it will again be months before we know?

One of the bigger changes since then is the introduction of computer based voting in loads of locations. But check this out, the companies who manufacture these things have kept the innards a secret, there is no way to verify that the machines even do what they say they do by any independent observers.

It gets better, there is no paper back-up for these voting machines, so no way to do a recount.

But best of all, the head of the largest company involved in these new machines said in a speech that he would do everything in his power to see Bushie win. I can't be bothered to look this up, but trust me, it's true. If you're clever with Google, I bet you can find it, it was in the last 2 years.

So I have no faith in the American election system. The election will most likely not be free and fair.

Unless Kerry wins, then it was very fair, got it?

That's the thing, do you dare dream that Kerry stands a chance? The current polls show the race very close, but so what? The only poll that counts is the one they are going to COOK on Tuesday November 2nd. It looked good for Gore last time....

Hang on, Gore actually won last time and look where it got him.

Kerry doesn't stand a real chance. They'll just steal it again and Americans will go back to sleep.

If you think the first Bush Jr administration was bad, imagine the damage he will do in his second. They say a president's first 4 year term is solely to make sure he gets a 2nd 4 year term, then he can do all the really cruel shit that he has wanted to do all along.

Abortion, say g'bye, welfare, bye-bye, universal health care, see ya. But say hello to bigger tax cuts for the rich, more poverty, more war and if you are really fucking lucky, a little taste of Armageddon. A little will go a long way.

If you have a vote in the American election, use it wisely. If you're a complete fucking asshole, vote Bush. It may not matter, the election might be a big joke like last time, but at least you'll know you tried.

And look, I know some of you reading this are Americans, so just do what the hippy tells you and vote for Kerry. I'll get you really high if you do! Americans still secretly dig drugs, don't they?

I had a look at some site statistics for this blog and the hippy homepage. Since I added the sitemeter counter to the page, I discovered that you could log into their site and see a breakdown of all sorts of info my special visitors.

There's a lot more page impressions than I expected. Seems you little devils look at several pages when you visit and the counter only shows your arrival on the main page. A lot of you come in from other blogs, quite a few stumble in from weird Google searches, looking for things other than me. You're spread all over the world, from America, Australia, all over Europe, Africa, and even Asia.

A little less than 1/2 of you seem to use an Apple computer, which is higher than the general population, which is mostly PC based. I guess I attract the real hipsters!

Hardly any of you sign my guest book or leave me any comments and I rarely get emails from any of you. Don’t be so shy, I exist for your pleasure and enjoyment.

The sitemeter counter hasn't been on here that long, so it's not a true indication of overall visitors. I think I only added it a couple of months ago. Considering how little I actually promote the blog, it's amazing anyone find me.

I have emailed the Guardian newspaper website a couple of times, demanding that they feature me. My last attempt, I asked who I had to sleep with there to get a mention. I've had no reply. What are they all neutered asexuals there or something? Wake up and feature the hippy, you fuckers! I’d get you stoned too, if you feature me. I smoke really good dope, I’d fry your brains. In a good way, of course.

And let's not forget the "Win the hippymobile contest!" which died a slow painful death. Perhaps if I were offering a brand new Mercedes, I would have had more entries.

But that would have missed the point, it was MY personal car, my ride and I was ready to give it to you just to promote this weblog.

Maybe I need to offer up a kidney, or a pint of blood as a prize. Would the media feature me then? I'm not that desperate. Ok, I'm sqeamish, so forget that entirely.

Does anyone have any suggestions or shall I just toil away in relative obscurity?
Comments:
I would love to get my hands on the hippymobile. Only, I live across the pond. A free 'shroom contest might attract more attention :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?