VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Monday, November 15, 2004

Hello hippyfans! Welcome back. Did you miss me? I've missed each and everyone one of you...!

You might notice, if you glance to the right that I've removed the BOB nomination button and replaced it with two new buttons. The new buttons are links to a couple of blog directories that I've submitted myself to and in return for them including this blog, I've added those links to my page.

They're called Blogwise and Blogarama and if you click on them, you will discover a brand new world of blogs. You'll also give this hippy some cred and improve my ranking in their rundowns if you do. You might even be able to rate the hippy and review me as well. Say nice things if you do. Go on, check it out, but not now. Finish reading what you need to here first and you need to read every word!

I've removed the BOB nomination button because I didn't make the shortlist. The final winners will be announced soon anyway, so you don't need me to send you there. Fuck 'em if they can't give me an award. Maybe that's not fair, but I did need to reclaim the space for the new links, so there you go.

It's all part of my quest to promote this blog and expand my audience. My ego needs your support! I need more hippyfans! The world needs more hippyfans! Spread the word!!

I really dig having a blog of my own and I would keep writing my own special brand of drivel whether I get more people visiting or not. It's very cool to have a forum to express my views, share my madness and tell you all about the weird, twisted world of the northlondonhippy.

I was pondering this earlier, what it means to me, being the northlondonhippy. As I've mentioned before, only 2 people know of my secret internet identity as the NLH, Mrs. Hippy and my younger (now estranged) brother. And that's it.

In real life, I'm less of a megalomaniac and egotist. I'm actually quite quiet, I hang in the background and on the fringes. Online, my voice is louder and stronger and I'm much more of an attention-seeker. I guess different facets of my personality come out in the blog; elements that normally can't be spotted when I'm just plain old me.

Sometimes I think about confessing to my friends that I have a secret internet identity, but I don't know how they would react. There's shit I write in here that I would never share with anyone I know and if they read it, they'd know too much about me. I'm actually quite a private person, which I know is a sharp contrast to the impression you get of me here online.

It's easier to share my secret thoughts with a bunch of internet strangers than with people I know. What does that say about life here in the future? I'll leave you to answer that one.

Would you want your mates to know your secret thoughts? Probably not, but who's to say. It's not like my secret thoughts are even that bad. I rarely write about who I want to kill or fuck or both. I've never hidden my drug use and it's always been an open secret that I am a dopehead, so no shame there.

I suppose some of my confessions regarding the remnants of my dysfunctional family are quite personal and I do prefer to keep that to myself. No one I work with even knows my father died two months ago and that my younger (now estranged) brother disowned me around four months ago.

I didn't handle myself very well during my father's illness and death and I admit that freely. I stuck my head in the sand and kept it there, I think in some ways I'm still an ostrich on the subject. I don't regret not seeing my father in the last 2 years of his life. What I do regret is the situation with my family that kept me away. I wish things had been different, I wish I felt I could have gone to see him. But not going, well that was the only real choice for me.

Believe it or not, there's actually stuff I do hold back from this blog. There are some aspects of my life I don't share here. Surprised? I've got reasonably clear boundaries as to what I'll write about and what I won't. I do try not to shy away from any subject that relates to me personally, but I do try not to reveal too much about the people in my life. It's not for me to tell their stories, unless they relate to me. They should all start their own blogs anyway, so should you.

Something else I was thinking about earlier is the one-sided nature of my blog. There's plenty of give, but not enough take. I want to make this exercise far more interactive. I want feedback, I want contact. I want to HEAR FROM YOU!

There are many ways to make contact with this hippy. You can leave comments on any blog entry on this page, even anonymously. You can sign my guest book. You can email the hippy, there's a mailto: tag on the right column of this page. You can also get me on Yahoo messenger, though I'm not logged into it as often as I could be. You can't telephone this hippy though, I'm ex-directory...unlisted. Go on, call directory enquiries and ask for the hippy phone number...see how far you get.

I'm very interested in what you think, about my blog, about my life, about any subject you wish. And if you want a reply, that's no problem either. I personally respond to every message I receive, though requests for signed glossy photos of me are politely declined.

Your feedback matters to me. From looking at the logs on www.sitemeter.com, I know I get regular visitors. I'm not spying on *you* personally, but I can see from the info that it grabs about my visitors that many of you are repeat customers. That's cool. Bookmark me and come back again and again and again.

Look man, I'm not asking you for money, I don't want your credit card number, PayPal details or any of that shit. I just want your thoughts and opinions which is not too much to ask for considering I'm the one blogging my life away for your entertainment. I want to be seen as approachable, so try me. Let's get a dialogue going!

Enough already. Either you'll contact me or you won't, the choice is yours.

I finally put a little time into my Koh Samui shroom kit. Sadly the time was spent clearing away the first flush, which was dead and rotting. The surface of the kit is now clean, but I don't know why I lost my first crop. I have no explanation for why it all died, but had it matured, it would have provided a decent sized yield. I didn't even bother weighing it, since I couldn't salvage anything from it. I'll give it one more chance, but if the next flush fails, that's it, it's going in the bin and I'll just buy my shrooms retail from now on.

Well I'm half-way through my final shift in this run, come 7:30am, this hippy is free until Thursday night. I think that is worthy of a medium-sized yipppppeeeee...go on, you know you want to shout yippppeeee for this hippy!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?