VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

It's 2am north London time, the hippy is still awake, well, only just. I've been dozing on the sofa, drifting in and out of consciousness. Blame my work schedule and not the excitement level of the election.

We're still a very long away from predicting an overall winner, but certain observations can be made. The real headline seems to be that voter turn-out is at record levels not seen in over 40 years. That's got to be a good thing! The downside is polling stations are remaining open later, which will delay results and projections even more.

By co-incidence, now that it is after midnight here, it’s 3rd November here in north London, it is now the 2 month anniversary of my father’s death. Now he would have been supporting Bush this go round, he nearly always voted Republican. My dad was a serious conservative and would have stuck with Bush Jr. no matter what, even in the face of the god awful mess GWB has made. Well at least that’s one vote Bush didn’t get.

That’s horrible. I’d happily see Bush get my father’s vote this year, if it meant my dad was still alive and healthy. I still miss him a lot. I was a shit son.

I don't know how much steam I have left, so potentially this could be my last entry of the night. Don't worry though, this isn't the only place to follow the election. I'm sure there's a website, radio or tv station you can get to which will keep you more up to date than one crazy hippy in north London!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?