VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Ok, so here's the deal. It's my last night at work until Wednesday, I've got around 3 hours remaining. I'm exhausted, I didn't sleep as well or as much as I should have. I'm bored too, there's not much going on.

I was hoping to have some sort of topic to write about, but I'm just too tired to come up with any ideas. I spent some time last night sifting through my latest entries in search of more additions to the "BEST" of the hippy page. I've selected a few more "gems" which I will hopefully be adding to the BoH page this week.

The site is on-track to have it's best month for visitors so far. I've nearly matched last month's tally and there's still a week more left to November. All things hippy are looking up.

I still remain undiscovered by the mainstream media, though I am certain it will only be a matter of time before someone picks up on whatever it is I do here. Aside from my aspirations for widening the hippy-brand, a recommendation in the traditional press would mean more traffic for the site. Of course, if some nice newspaper or magazine wanted a hippy column, I'd be happy to oblige. And I never miss a deadline, so I'd be a great addition to any periodical or daily. And the hippy would work cheaply, at least initially. It would be supremely cool if I was able to turn this blog into something more, but of course, that's not really the point, is it? I'll keep blogging no matter what.

While I think of it, the new Band Aid 20 single is really shit. I know it's for charity and all, but it is really not very good. Help the poor starving people in Africa, buy it, but don't bother listening to it. I'm sure we'll all be sick of it by the new year anyway. The original wasn't great, but it was a helluva lot better than the new version. Blechhhhhhh!

I've been looking at new computers again. My home PC is overdue for replacing, even though it still works fine, it is becoming increasingly obsolete. I'm on a Pentium 3 - 600Mhz, running Windows98, with a 27gb hard drive. It's nearly 5 years old and can't cope with any new applications, plus the hard drive is nearly full. Time for an update.

I've been looking at Dell and MESH, with MESH seemingly having the edge in the more bang for your buck department. I've also decided to have a look at what Apple has on offer, since they just opened their first European store HERE in London. I know they cost more than PCs, but I think it is worth seeing how they compare to PCs. What the hell, it costs nothing to look.

I've now decided to wait until after Xmas to buy my new PC as I expect the post-holiday prices will be much lower. This hippy is a cautious consumer!

As well as a new PC, I would like to purchase a DV videocamera. We'll see how it goes, but it would be groovy to be able to make some homemade hippy films. Naturally my films would involve rampant drug abuse and graphic sexual content. Don't worry, I'll sell them mail order, discreetly delivered to your door in a plain brown wrapper. All major credit cards accepted.

I'll make a deal with you, I won't log in and blog on until I have something proper to say. Hopefully this topical dry-spell will come to an end soon.
Comments:
Hippy, no two ways about it... get an Apple.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?