VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Friday, January 14, 2005

The big day is finally here! In less than three hours, the "1st ever northlondonhippy virtual online shroom session" begins! I'm so excited, I just might soil myself.

And yes, I'm here early, but there's a purpose to this visit. I've been awake for a few hours already, I had a few things to do and I was expecting a couple of deliveries, which have now arrived. I'll tell you about those purchases later. Right now, I've got more urgent, pressing business.

I came online early to make sure a Yahoo user-created chat room would work for the online shroom session today and guess what? It keeps crashing my browser. Blame Windows '98, which will soon be consigned to this hippy's history, once I choose and purchase my new computer. But for today, Win'98 is all I got to work with, so a solution needed to be found.

I found one in the shape of MSN, which still offers a chatroom service, connected to their groups. I've now created the "northlondonhippy shroom room" group on MSN. The chatroom on there works very well and is quite stable, but Firefox users will have to install a very small plug in for it to work, Internet Explorer should be compatible automatically.

Now, here's the catch. For some reason, MSN is forcing the group into the "adult category", which means you need to be an approved member to join it. Don't worry, I'll approve you as quickly as I can and once I do, you'll have full privileges to the group.

And of course, you will need a .NET passport-type log in, a Hotmail or MSN account will work just fine. If you don't have one, it won't take you long to sign up for one and they are worth having anyway.

So to recap, you need the following to participate in the "1st ever northlondonhippy virtual online shroom session":

1) A big dose of shrooms or other mind altering substance (booze included)
2) a .NET passport, like a Hotmail or MSN account
3) You need to join my group
4) You need to access the chatroom
5) You may need to install a small plug in to make it work

I'll be around for membership approvals from right now, and I'll actually be in the room from noon til 8pm north London time. Sorry for all the changes to the plans, but hey, life on the fly is what we're all about! We roll with the changes because we're cool!

I'll make another post here once I'm in the chatroom and shroomed-up. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you in my very own personal MSN-group chatroom in 2 and 1/2 short hours! See ya then fuckers!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?