VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

There certainly are a lot more of you around here today, it was the first thing I noticed when I logged into sitemeter tonight. My hit counter went crazeeeeee!

A quick check revealed that a blog called loki23.blogspot.com included a link to yours truly and that what is responsible for a surge in visitors. Big-up to Loki and company, the blog appears to be written by a group of people. It's quite a slick looking page, I especially like the graphics.

I don't really understand what it was they were trying to say about me, but that's ok. I believe any publicity is good publicity, so I'm grateful, as always, for the attention.

At first I thought their site might be a spoof, as it seems like something from that new Channel 4 sitcom, "Nathan Barley", but it's for real. Give them a visit and see if you're hip enough to be down with what they're doing there. Best of luck to them!

And to all of you new visitors, I bid you a warm welcome to the weird and twisted world of the northlondonhippy! I hope I can bring some joy and happiness to your otherwise bleak and dreary lives!

You've managed to discover one of the great undiscovered (read: underground) blogs on the internet. It doesn't matter how you found me, just as long as you're here! You're now a card carrying member of the vanguard of the internet elite! Well done you for getting this far. Now that you're here, I'm sure you'll be a regular visitor.

Please bookmark me so you can come back again and again. Even better, grab the RSS/ATOM feed, that way you don't have to come to the hippy, you can make the hippy come to you!

Besides being the "most shroomtastic stoner on the internet", I'm also the "biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of". You'll certainly dig "my special brand of drivel". The name of the game around here is "fun" and we sure do have lots of it!

A good place to start for budding hippyfans, is THE "BEST" OF THE HIPPY, which is a collection of some of my favourite posts, all collated into one handy page. I haven't updated it in a while, so I'm sure there are a few more recent gems that I haven't included just yet. When I get around to it, I'll add some more links. I might even ditch the shitty Geocities page and move it properly to the blog. Wait, you'll see, I think it's a cunning plan!

And if you don't think you are a hippyfan, think again. If you come to this page twice, that's it, you've joined my legions of loyal hippyfans. There's nothing they won't do for me and there's nothing I wouldn't do for them, either! The love flows both ways around here!

I've done some wild and wacky things to promote this blog, in my own weird and twisted way. I tried to give away the old hippymobile, I've even recently hosted one lucky hippyfan for an afternoon of shrooms, spliffs and music videos at my lair in fabulous north London. You never know what might be around the corner, this hippy's crazeeeeee you know!

I got some excellent news today! My friend spoke to that literary agent and they are eager to hear from me! This is regarding my super-secret, second blog. I'll be contacting the agent tomorrow, so we'll see what they have to say about my prospects for a big phat payday.

I started that other blog as a bit of a joke, I was going to use it as a way to promote this blog, but it seems to have taken on a life of its own. If I do turn it into a money-spinner, I'll be more surprised than anyone else.

I'm keeping an open mind, but I'm not going to keep my hopes up. If there's one thing I know about the media, from spending most of my adult life whoring myself around it, is that disappointment lurks everywhere. Better to expect nothing, then you won't be tragically let down!

I'm planning on posting the big VOSS (virtual online shroom session) details in the next day or so. Keep watching out for instructions on how to join the fun. All you need to be a part of it is a net connection and a big dose of shrooms. Trust me, it will be just like I'm in the room with you, tripping out to the coolest music videos!

And I haven't forgotten about my threat to write another hippy-short-story. I'll get to it when I get the chance. The other blog is eating into my free time a bit, but it is at a crucial stage in the plot, so I do need to give it some extra attention. Whether I make any dosh out of it or not, I've still enjoyed writing it. I'm looking forward to finishing it in the next week or two.

The coolest thing is that most people who visit the 2nd blog, keep coming back. It seems like all of my visitors return again and again. I started his downfall last night, his world is about to come crashing down around him. Since that post went up, the hit counter has been zooming as I left it off on a cliffhanger. People are coming back to see what happens next, but I'll leave it a day or so, before making my next post. Timing is everything.

My offer still holds, if you want the address to the other blog, just email me. You know how to email, don't you? You just put your fingers on the keyboard and click send.

That was an obscure reference to the film, "To Have and Have Not", which starred Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall and a bit of whistling. Bet none of you youngsters got it! It's film noir at it's best and worthy of your valuable viewing time.

Oh, I did something bold today, I cancelled my mobile phone account! With big news like this, aren't you glad you're here? The excitement never ends!

I've been with the same company for around 7 years, but I finally got tired of their bullshit. I'll make a long story short: I'm due an upgrade from them, but they are not offering the phone I want (the very sexy Sony Ericcson S700i). They told me an independent high street retailer (ok, the Carphone Warehouse) could do me that phone, so like an asshole, I went up to my local shop to do the deal. Turns out, CPW is NOT doing that model on my network, so it was a wasted trip. Cue an angry phone call from this hippy to his mobile phone provider. Much arguing ensued and now the account is cancelled.

I looked around and 2 other networks are doing the phone that I want, so I'm going for that option. Screw my old company, they can suck my proverbial cock and lose out on my valuable business. I've got less than a month to score a new phone before my old number is disconnected, plenty of time!

Mainly, the new phone has a 1.3 megapixel camera which means this blog could start to include exciting photos from my everyday life! How cool would that be? Depends on what I take pictures of I guess. How about a shot of my reasonably priced, second hand economy car? Yawn. How about my cock? As long as there's a zoom lens, that could work.

I'm thinking that in a year from now, 3G might be worth considering, but for now, I'll stick to 2.5G and the S700i is sex on legs! I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on one!

Well, I'm running out of steam, but what an exciting night this has been already! New hippyfans, potential publishing interest in my second, secret blog, and a new mobile phone on the horizon. Can you take the pace?

It's a shame really, that you can't all be the northlondonhippy, even for one day, but I've already been cast in the role. My life really is one long, non-stop rock'n'party! Now, if only I had some groupies!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?