VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

TIME IS RUNNING OUT, ENTER RIGHT NOW OR YOU WILL MISS OUT! CLICK HERE TO SHROOM WITH THIS HIPPY!

My body clock is fucked. I’ve been awake since about 5:15am, having sloped off to bed around 9pm. What is up with me?

I’m working tonight, just a one-off, so it won’t matter that much just as long as I get back to sleep for a few hours. I needed to be up early anyway, since I’m expecting a special shroom delivery.

Normally, my deliveries tend to come quite early. The sooner it does, the sooner I can snooze some more. Really, it could be here anytime between now and 1pm. I’m hoping there’s a knock on the door fairly soon, like in the next 30 minutes. I’m still feeling sleepy.

Don’t be concerned, I’ll be well rested and ready for the big shroomfest on Saturday. Are you going to be the lucky winner? There’s only one way that can happen, you have to enter. What are you waiting for, a personal invitation?

It doesn’t get any more personal than this! Go for it, fucker!

One lucky winner will be shrooming their socks off with me this Saturday, it still could be you, but you need to be quick about it! I’ll be reviewing the entries tomorrow and emailing then announcing the winner here in the blog on Thursday! Don’t faint from the excitement, you don’t have long to go now!

If you want more details, there’s a link at the top of this posting that you might find really useful.

There was a cool article in The Guardian (my fav left bleeding heart liberal British newspaper) about a website and newsletter I’ve given my hippy endorsement to in the past, HOLY MOLY. You can check out the Guardian story RIGHT HERE.

HOLY MOLY is a website, with some amusing sections, plus a message board this hippy can’t access; I don’t have a log-in for it. What you can do is register for their weekly mailout, which is quite rude and very, very funny. It doesn’t cost anything and you have nothing to lose!

The article was good on many levels, but what I found particularly interesting was what the anonymous founder of the site had to say on trying to make money from the enterprise. I wish him luck, sounds like he has some creative ideas to exploit.

This hippy doesn’t have a clue how to make money on the net. My aim here in cyberspace is not to spend any money and thanks to my relative obscurity (read: underground, cult following), I’ve not had the need to invest in hosting or anything, I can still get by using all the freebie stuff offered by my good friends at Blogger.

I do wonder what would happen if I had a sudden huge influx of visitors. If the hit counter went exponentially skyward, would my site crash? Would Blogger try to charge me for a premium service? Would I be politely asked to take my “special brand of drivel” elsewhere?

I’ll probably never know!

Having said that, I’ve just had my very best month ever, around 450 visitors. To put this in perspective, between July and January 1st, I had about 1,000 hits, that means in the last month, I’ve had nearly 50% of that six month grand total. I wasn’t counting between March and July, so I don’t have any stats for that period. You hippyfans have trebled in the last month! Thanks, guys!

I must be doing something right! Now if only I knew what that was so I could keep on doing it!

The visits peaked last month during my big fuck-off “virtual online shroom session” which did generate a bit of a buzz. I think we’ll need to do it again this month, while fresh magic mushrooms remain legal here in the UK and everyone can easily get some. I’ll make an announcement sometime next week, after the contest shroom day this Saturday.

The cool thing about online virtual shrooming is that it doesn’t matter where you are, just as long as you have a net connection and some shrooms, you can join in the fun! I’ll open-up the northlondonhippy shroom-room again sometime later in the month. I’ll try to give everyone a couple a fortnights’ notice, so there’s no excuse to miss out!

And on that optimistic and upbeat note, I leave you all with happy thoughts and high times! Smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em and I’ve always got ‘em!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?