VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

What is a VOSS? Find out and discover how you can join the next one!

Yeah.

My day started with a loud knock my front door. I was out of bed like a shot, peering through the peep-hole before I knew what hit me.

It was the postman, delivering my new mobile phone. I quickly signed for it and tore the envelope open like a kid on Christmas morning. It’s charged up, SIM’d up and connected to the network. That was quick!

In case you forgot, I went for the Sony Ericsson s700i. You should get one, it's ace.

The phone is just as gorgeous as I thought it would be and the camera takes really nice high-res photos as well as video. I’m not blown away by the video to be honest. Maybe it will look better when I port it to my new iMAC. The same with the photos, once I can do that, I’ll post some here in the blog.

That’s why I went for the Bluetooth module on the iMAC, so among other things, it can easily talk to my new cameraphone. It’s all part of my happening new all-digital lifestyle.

My iMAC should be here sometime next week. I’m already thinking of the extra bits I’m going to want to go with it. Here’s my (incomplete) list:

Extra memory: 2gigs = £300
Logic 7 Express: Audio Software = £200
Final Cut HD Express: Video Software = £200
USB Audio interface = £150
DV videocamera+accessories = £500
IPOD: 60 gig photo model = £300

As you can see, having an all-digital lifestyle doesn’t come cheap. Don’t worry, I’m not going to maniacally buy it all at once. The next purchase will be the extra memory, as nothing else will work very well without it.

I’ll try to get away with using Garage Band and iMovie for as long as I can, but I’m sure I’ll want the better, more powerful software at some point soon.

And if you haven’t heard, it’s a good thing I didn’t order an iPOD yesterday morning. At lunchtime on Wednesday, Apple launched the new iPOD models at lower prices. You can now get the very top of the line iPOD photo, 60 gigs, with storage for 15,000 songs for abour £300, which is what the 40 gig iPOD was selling for 2 days ago. It’s become a bargain!

Still here? Thought I might of lost you all with all this bullshit talk about the things I want. Sorry, I’m like a kid at Christmas and you’re all Santa reading my over-the-top list.

I saw my doctor today. Don’t worry, my health is groovy, I just needed to get a prescription renewal. I also went to the supermarket and the high street.

It’s Mrs. H’s birthday this week and I had to pick up a couple of gifts for her. I’ve also got her tickets to a concert next month. It’s with her favourite band, or rather the lead guitarist and singer and some African orchestra. It’s at the end of March and I’m going too. It wouldn’t really be my first choice for live entertainment, but it’s the only thing she really said she wanted.

Ok, it’s Johnny Greenwood and Thom Yorke from Radiohead, which are not my favourite, not by a long shot. She’s very excited, so I really can’t complain, maybe it will be good. I’ll keep an open mind.

I’m back to work tomorrow night. My time off has been just too brief, I don’t really feel like I’ve even caught my breath. I didn’t even have a chance to shroom. There should be an opportunity to shroom next week, which would be good.

I haven’t had any shrooms since the night of my “shroom hell”. It’s time I got back on the bicycle. We’ll see how the week pans out.

I don’t really have much more to say. Just about everything I’ve done today has been really dull. I’m going to publish this, spark up a spliff and put my feet up, since I’ve managed to bore myself as well.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?