VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

That crazeeee hippy has done it again, the VOSS is postponed until next weekend! Sorry kids, that’s the way it goes. Click here for details

Yup, you read correctly, the big, giant, oversized VOSS has been postponed again until next Saturday, but this time, this time it won’t be moved again.

Blame my weird and twisted life and the fact that nothing I ever plan to do happens, ever. Nothing will stop next Saturday’s VOSS, you have my word as a hippy and drug user.

And if you went out and got magic mushrooms just for the VOSS, fear not, they will easily keep for a week in your fridge. If you don’t think they will, you could be naughty and accidentally dry them out. I say accidentally because here in the UK, they become illegal if you intentionally dry them. But you know, you could accidentally wrap them in some kitchen towel and leave them out in a warm room for a few days. You might just forget to put them back in the fridge, it could happen. Either way, save them for next Saturday, when you can take them and join me online for an entire day of virtual online shrooming excitement and fun.

Trust me, the VOSS will be well worth waiting for!

So where have I been? What have I been up to since last you saw me?

Oh you know, this and that!

Actually, a few interesting things have happened. On Thursday, my Edirol UA-25 arrived unexpectedly. I didn’t receive an email from the company or anything, even their tracking website didn’t show it was shipped. I’m not complaining, I’m just glad I was here when it appeared.

The set-up was a breeze, but that seems to be the way things are with everything made for an Apple and OS X. I literally had it up and running in about 2 minutes. Once I did that, I updated the software from Edirol’s site to the latest version and had a play around with GarageBand.

The software itself is surprisingly good, simple to use and seemed quite robust. My previous experience with recording music on a computer was with my old PC running Windows ‘98 and that was not much fun. It used to crash all the time and it was difficult to use.

My experience with GarageBand was nothing like that. I felt, for the first time, I could concentrate more on the music than the technology. And guess what, my musical skills are currently rubbish. I need a lot more practise, especially on the guitar, I am woefully bad. It’s been a long time since I’ve played, so I shouldn’t have expected anything different!

So kids, I’m letting you down again, but only temporarily. The first northlondonhippy single, entitled “Give me a yipppeee (it’s the northlondonhippy) will be delayed until I can at least play a bit without embarrassment. And god only knows what my voice will sound like when I try to sing?

Even I’m frightened to learn the answer to that one!

It doesn’t matter, the song will still rocket up the charts straight to number one. How could it not? It’s from me!

I’ve debated whether or not to tell you about the other exciting thing that happened to me this week, which involves my other blog. Since I’ve already touched on the subject already, it shouldn’t be a problem, but I’m even thinking of going back and deleting it. Actually, I am going to do that, so if you were lucky enough to catch what I’m referring to already, well done you! And if you missed it, sorry, but this is the first time I’ve ever censored myself, it has to be done.

All I will say is that my secret, fictional blog is getting a bit of genuine attention at the moment and in a week or so, all will be revealed. Or not.

Anyway, I’m not really feeling that great today, which is part of the reason why I’ve postponed the VOSS again.

I’m just one great big disappointment to everyone I know, my family, my friends, and now you. At least I’m consistent!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?