VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Everyone wants Gmail! Bet you do too! Click here to receive one asap!

Hey ho fuckers, how’s tricks?

I’ve been busy for the last few days, playing with my amazing wonder-kitten. She’s way too smart and a ball of energy and I’m really enjoying her presence. She even sleeps in my lap. Yipppeee for the kitten!

My other 2 cats don’t feel quite as happy about it and they are avoiding her mostly. When they do bother to come into the same room, the kitten is fascinated by them, while they think she’s too unpredictable. I’m sure they’ll work it out over time.

I’m not expert in cat etiquette but, it seems to me that the kitten doesn’t really know any and that’s why they don’t like her. They don’t understand that it’s up to them to teach her.

And what else has this wild and crazy hippy been up to? You mean, besides being very high all the time?

I’ve been playing with Logic Express, 7.1 now. I got the groovy update. It’s a powerful and easy to use music recording software, but it also includes some very high quality software instruments as well. What that means is you can just hook up any midi keyboard and have instant access to a bank of very powerful and expressive software synths. I’m very impressed with the ease of use and quality of the sound. And, so far, it hasn’t crashed once.

I used to use Cakewalk 9.3 as well as Sonar 2.0 and both frequently crashed, bringing Windows down with it. I lost loads of work that way. I don’t think that’s going to happen with Logic Express. It seems very durable.

Now all I need is some musical talent and I’ll be on my way!

I’ve been trying to trouble-shoot a problem with my microphone, it’s a Shure SM58, which is considered an inexpensive, workhorse pro-microphone, plugged into my UA-25 audio interface. My problem is low audio levels, but I think there’s a way to compensate for it with the built-in pre-amp. Now all I have to do is figure out how to turn it on! I need to find the documentation for it. Blah blah blah.

I know, this has become geek corner. So sue me.

I like my new toys and naturally they take a bit of time to learn to use properly and I’m getting there. Half the fun is learning what they all do. I’m digging it.

You see, this is why I should stop blogging. I’m writing about nonsense. What happened to the days when I wrote about drugs and social issues and more drugs? I need to shroom soon. Maybe Weds or even better, this Monday, which I believe is a bank holiday. That could be fun and could be just the tonic I need to get this blog back on track!

Anyone want to shroom with me? I’m still fairly shroomtastic you know. Ok, you’re right, I’m still the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet! You twisted my arm!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?