VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

I’m still giving away Gmails. Want one? Click this link and follow the simple instructions

Ok, since this blog has turned to shit and I don’t update it much AND no one reads it anymore, anyway, I’m going to take a break for a fortnight.

I’m taking this break for 2 reasons; 1) because I’m tired of feeling guilty that I never have the time to write something AND 2) I want this time to re-assess my long-term commitment to this blog.

The sad truth is that I barely have enough time to do the things I have to do every day, nevermind the things I actually enjoy.

I barely have a chance to catch my breath most days. It’s not as much fun being me as it should be. Maybe it will be again. Here’s hoping!

For the last several weeks, I’ve been letting you all down in a very big way. I’m used to letting people down, but not my ever-faithful hippyfans. I’m sorry that it’s come down to this, but I don’t see any other way forward.

This blog has been the one thing that’s kept me going for the last year, the one thing that’s been consistently positive in my life and I’ve let it spin out of control. I used to have a real handle on things, but not any more.

I’d like to be able to come back and do my thing, but I’m making no promises. I’m going to see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks and see if this blog still fits into my life.

Do I miss writing in it? Of course I do! This blog was the only thing keeping me relatively sane. With me potentially stopping, there will be nothing standing between me and complete raging insanity.

No, this is not a wind-up, this is the hippy’s potential swan-song!

The truth is, with my time being constantly limited, I have to make some hard choices and right now the choice is between working on things which might actually turn into something more and continuing with this blog, which will never be the ticket to any money.

My other blog, which I finished last week, may turn into something financially rewarding. What little time I do have, (which ain’t much!) is going to have to go towards projects that might lead to some sort of monetary reward.

The rewards of being the northlondonhippy, while significant, are not putting money in the bank. I love being the hippy and everything that goes along with it and had hoped to continue with it until the day I die. But life is not like that and sometimes you can’t continue to do the things you enjoy the most.

I’m sorry. I really am. I just don’t know what else to do. I’ll still be checking my emails and the great Gmail give-away can continue, but I’m not going to hang on to any illusions for the next 2 weeks about writing anything here.

No matter what, I’ll be back around the 20th of May to let whoever still reads this shite know what I’ve decided. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?