VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Do you want a Gmail? This hippy wants you to have one. Go on, be a part of the great northlondonhippy Gmail give-away! Click here!

Hey fuckers! Guess who?

It’s me, the one and only northlondonhippy!

I’m living that hippy life so you don’t have to! I’m the biggest internet celebrity you’ve never heard of! I’m blogging my life away, every night and every day, just for you!

I’m god’s favourite blogger, which is pretty amazing, considering I completely reject the concept of god. That alone, is why he loves me best! And you love me too and maybe lust after me just a little bit. It’s only natural!

I had a few thoughts on subjects for a new entry, but a slightly busy evening at work has knocked them out of my head. Instead, I’m going to thank my new super-fan for yet another insightful and interesting comment left on the blog.

Here it is:

“I struggle to find blogs that are consistently worth reading. This one is. I resorted to reading the archives over the weekend. One thing I've found is that US blogs are shite, complete shite. They just talk so much crap, and there is way too much God bless America, and religious bollocks. I'm not religious, but I don't mind learning about it, but when its used in such sanctimonious ways as the Americans do, I just get sick, I can't handle it. One thing is for sure, if there was a God, he wouldn't bless America.

I've found UK blogs much more appealing, maybe its because I'm English, but I don't think so entirely. We just have a better way of putting things.

Hippy, we all want more info on what you really do? What exactly is it in TV that you got up to? And what do you do on your shifts now? Something to do with watching the news wires it seems, but I'm guessing. I guess you don't want to give it away too much in case your colleagues find out or something, but I'm sure you could put it in such a way as to keep the profile low still.

Keep up the good work!”

Obviously, this person has excellent taste and a keen critical eye. They know a good thing when they see it! Can you hear my ego purring?

Yes, America is fucked. I lived there for many years and it’s only got worse since I left nearly 15 years ago. That doesn’t mean all American blogger suck, though. I’ll make an even more sweeping generalisation…

…and I say this as a prolific blogger of some merit…most blogs suck.

Sorry, if this seems harsh, but it’s true. On occasion, I hit the “next blog” button myself and the blogs I encounter are often laughably dull and pointless. Not all blogs, there are some good ones around, besides this one. You just need to weed through a lot of crap to find the gems.

At least my blog has a point, it amuses me, but more importantly it entertains and informs my readers. About what is anyone’s guess, but I promise all of you, if you read the hippy, you will come away with something. Whether it’s a new way of looking at something, or just a wry grin from my non-stop jokes and japes, I provide value for money!

Oh wait, I don’t charge for this drivel, I give it away for free!

It’s not that my blog isn’t popular; I prefer to think of it as “underground”.

I’m the internet’s best kept secret, so well done you for discovering me! Once you’ve had hippy, you never go back!

Now, my new number-one hippyfan wishes to know about my occupation.

You’re right that I don’t want anyone I know to discover this blog and at the moment, only 2 people in my life are actually aware that I’m the northlondonhippy. That would be my younger brother and Mrs. Hippy, the rest of the world is blissfully unaware of my secret internet identity. That’s how it will stay, always.

I’ve been tempted to tell friends and colleagues that I am the hippy, but I worry that if I did, it would inhibit my writing and the personal revelations I share here.

With all of that said, here is a suitably vague explanation of what I do: I work in international television news and have done, for (fuck me!) nearly 16 years. That sounds a lot more exciting and fancy than it really is, trust me.

Back when I used to travel, you might have been impressed with my job, but again, if you saw the reality of it, you would wonder why I bothered. These days, I’m a desk jockey. The tools of my trade are a telephone, a PC and a television. Oh and a comfy office chair. With wheels. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ok, that’s an oversimplification, since my business also uses all sorts of technology, from satellites to cameras, to fully equipped studios. We love our toys.

When people ask what I do, my reply is “I’m a television journalist”, which normally is followed by me being asked if I do anything in front of the camera. The answer to that is, no, never!

Most people, who work in television, do it behind the scenes. I try to stay as far away from the cameras as possible. If you saw how short, fat and bald I was, you’d understand why!

I hope that answers your question, mystery fan!

And to all my hippyfans, feel free to ask me anything. I’m a wealth of useless knowledge and information and can probably help! I actually like a bit of interactivity and I am very approachable. Never fear the hippy, I’m groovy…!

So go on, leave a comment, send me an email. You can even get a free Gmail from me. And if you are hot, young and female, please feel free to swing by north London for a spliff and some oral sex. Don’t worry, Mrs. Hippy will be there to take the photos!

Catch ya next time, my fine feathered fuckers!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?