VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Friday, September 23, 2005

Hey ho fuckers!

I’ve just suggested myself for BOB award. It had to be done. It’s not like one of you; my beloved hippyfans would have done it. You’re all far too busy, leading your exciting, non-stop rock’n’roll lives!

You really are the coolest!

For those of you who don’t know, the BOB awards are for the best weblogs in the world. It’s run by Deutsche Welle, the German public broadcaster. I entered it last year, but I didn’t win.

Since 2005 is the year of the hippy, I thought I would take another punt. Can you think of another blog more deserving than this one for international praise and acclaim? Of course you can’t!

The prize this year isn’t as important as winning the award, besides I already have an iBook. I guess I wouldn’t mind having a second one!

Dammit, I deserve recognition! I’m blogging my life away, every night and every day, just for you!

I’m sure the BOB judges, with their excellent taste and keen critical judgement, will see the inherent worthiness of this very blog. Love me, love me, LOVE ME!

And even if I don’t win this prestigious award, I know that in all your hearts, I truly am the People’s Blogger.

Hey, check this out:

Reporters Sans Frontieres, also known as “reporters without borders” have published a guide on how to be a blogger and not get caught or executed. It’s useful advice, especially the avoiding execution bit!

Obviously, as your favourite north London based hippy, I don’t have to worry about censorship or thought crimes, but if you’re blogging your life away under some repressive regime, this downloadable booklet just might save your life! Yes, it's that important!

I’ve actually done loads of other writing today, on another project of mine, so I don’t have that much steam left to be the hippy. Sorry if you feel shortchanged, but I’ll be back when I can, when normal service resumes!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?