VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I’m back, who missed me?

All of you, of course! I’m very missable!

Do you pine for hippies? Or just this hippy?

Don’t worry, it’s perfectly normal to have feelings of desire and lust for me. Being unobtainable only makes you want me more!

I’m at work, blah, blah, but I caught an article online that was just crying out to be a hippylink:

It seems that societies with strong beliefs in a god-like figure, are the most fucked up of all!

I can’t expect this is surprising very many of you. Of course, believing in god is detrimental to a society. It’s even worse for the individual. Have you ever spent any time in the company of a fully paid-up member of the god-squad? It’s fucking scary!

I don’t believe in god and won’t do until I get a turn at being god.

I want to be your god. I’ll be as good as the current one, I’ll answer all your prayers just as often.

Actually, I'd be better since I'd use my considerable powers to improve everyone's life. Let me see your god do that!

Here’s a quick quote from the article, which sums it up nicely:

“According to the study, belief in and worship of God are not only unnecessary for a healthy society but may actually contribute to social problems. The study counters the view of believers that religion is necessary to provide the moral and ethical foundations of a healthy society. “

Believing in god is unnecessary. I’ll second that!

Believe in yourself. Be good and do good, not because of make-believe rewards in a non-existent afterlife. Be good and do good, because you want to be a better person!

Think about it. Suppose everyone on the planet did one nice thing for someone else every day. Wouldn’t it make the world a better place? Certainly it would be better than trying to tell people how to live their lives. Live your own life, as best you can and that will be the greatest reward.

I don’t mean to sound like those “random acts of kindness” people, though on paper it sounds like a good idea. I live my life to my own code of conduct and I hold myself up to a pretty high standard. I try to be the best person I can be, though I'm rarely successful.

At least I try.

I expect this study will raise a few hairs on the backs of the necks of all sorts of unpleasant religious types. That’s the thing about the religious, they are the least tolerant on the planet. Do it god’s way or go to hell!

To me, hell sounds like the place to be anyway, if there is an afterlife. All the really cool people will be there, including and especially me!

If there is a hell and I end up there, my plan is to collaborate with the devil. I’m sure he’d have some sort of cool job for me. I’m very good at corrupting others. It’s one of my more finely honed skills. Satan could use a hippy like me!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?