VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Like yo!

I’m the hippy you all adore…
Perhaps because I’m a media whore!
If you think drugs are a real bore…
Perhaps you should flee through the nearest door!

Never attempt poetry first thing in the morning, especially bad poetry. It will come out even worse than you expected. If you don’t trust me, trust your eyes as they crawled over the above stanza. It’s a new low in my particular brand of drivel.

I’d love to be able to tell you I haven’t posted anything in the last couple of days because I’ve been trapped in some sort of drug induced coma, but no such luck. The great northlondonhippy legal high festival has been postponed.

Mrs. H wasn’t feeling well, so she cancelled her trip to visit her family. It wouldn’t have been fair on her to continue with the festival, as I would have been off my face while she wasn’t. That would not have been cool.

I still may attempt to sample something this week but not to the degree and variety I originally planned.

“Originally planned”? What do we all know about hippies and plans? Especially this hippy and any plan!

Life is far more interesting when you expect the unexpected. Anything can happen and anything usually does. I know this like I know my own name.

Besides, Mrs. H is far more important to me than drugs. And, I am still stoned all the time. I just never seem to count that. I smoke spliff the way normal people breathe air.

I saw an interesting article last week concerning a recent study on cannabis, which said, and I am paraphrasing here, that the active ingredients can be beneficial to the brain. Specifically usage made certain areas of the regenerate and it had a positive effect on serotonin production. Serotonin is the stuff prozac and other anti-depressives regulates.

So basically, I’ve been self-medicating to treat my own twisted form of depression for nearly 25 years. No wonder I’m so goddamn motherfuckingly sane!

I’ve just checked on Google news and it seems no one picked up on this particular study. It’s amazing, how much the mainstream press ignores good news about illegal drugs.

Imagine if they discovered that heroin cured cancer. That news would suppressed and people wouldn’t get any. If it confounds the establishment’s expectations, expect it to be buried.

Here in the UK, one of our main political parties is going through a leadership beauty contest. Because the campaign has gotten cunty, drugs have naturally become an issue.

One of the front-runners, a guy named David Cameron won’t comment on his past drug use. Good for him. It’s nobody’s business but his.

Don’t get me wrong, it would do the world of good if he came out and said “dig it, I like a puff and a line as much as the next guy even now”, but that’s not gonna happen. His experiences were more than likely when he was a uni student.

Cameron’s vulnerable on this because of something I mentioned earlier about him, his policy on drugs. All he’s done is ask the question, if our current policies don’t work, why don’t we re-think them from the ground –up and consider complete legalisation at the international level?

Smart guy, eh? Probably too smart for politics, but there ya go!

Recent polls confirm that most voters don’t give a shit if he smoked a joint or snorted some charlie 25-30 years ago. Cameron is probably the one Tory who might have half a chance of leading them back from obscurity and opposition. So if the party does reject him, they’ll get what they deserve: an even smaller and less effective presence in the House of Commons.

Like I care about the Torys!

I’m a one-issue guy. If you tell me you want to make all drugs legal, I’ll stuff envelopes for you. I might stuff myself with drugs while I’m doing it, but I’m sure you’d be cool with that!

I’ve got an easy workweek, this week. I’m only doing one night on Thursday. Next week, I’m effectively working 6 nights out of eight, then the following week, I’m doing six in a row!

Go on, you can envy me a little for my glamorous media lifestyle! But only because you don’t know how much it actually sucks!

Catch ya later my beloved hippyfans and fuckers alike!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?