VISIT THE HIPPY'S NEW SITE: www.northlondonhippy.com Spend some time chilling out with the hippy...He used to be "the most shroomtastic stoner on the internet!" until the UK banned fresh magic mushrooms. He's still "the biggest internet celebrity you've never heard of!" He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think...he'll make you wish you were a hippy too!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

It’s not like I actually have that much to keep me distracted from this blog, so I don’t have any sort of valid excuse for my recent low levels of participation.

I wish I could say, “oh you know, since I won the lottery, blogging is a low priority” or “ I’ve only just come out of a 3 week, drug induced coma”, but I have no such excuses.

I do have reasons, though. Sometimes, I just get a bit bored with my own life…so if I’m bored, imagine how yawn-worthy it would be for my beloved hippyfans?

Also, this is my most unfavourite time of the year as the holidays approach and my levels of depression rise. This is all down to my fucked up family or rather my relationship with them.

I won’t bore you with a re-hash of just how fucked up my family is…there’s no point. Most families seem to be fucked up, mine is nothing special. I think if you look “family” up in the dictionary, the definition should read “a group of genetically related individuals who are fucked up.”

Maybe you’re family is different. Perhaps you’re family is the Waltons. Well, goodnight Johnboy and fuck you too!

I miss my dad. I miss him a lot. He’s still on my mind daily, even though he’s been dead for over a year. Even weirder! I was driving home from work yesterday morning and who do you think I saw in the car behind me, in my rear view mirror? Only someone who was the spitting image of my father. I don’t mean he looked a bit like my dad, he looked exactly like my dad!

I’m not reading anything into this, it was no visitation from beyond the grave or even my mind playing tricks on me. It was just some random guy who looked just like him. Well, I thought it was odd.

Maybe I’m not taking enough drugs. Maybe none of us are! I’ve got three days off, starting in around 2 hours and I believe drugs will be a part of my relaxation regime.

I’m planning on popping some P.E.P. pills when I get home this morning, but that’s more out of necessity than anything else. I need to stay awake today, as I’m waiting for my duff Airport Express to be picked up by Apple’s carriers. I think I mentioned it died last week and Apple were surprisingly quick at despatching the replacement. If I don’t return the old one within a set time-frame, I will get charged a boat-load of money on my Visa card. There’s always a hoop-of-fire to jump through in this life, no matter what you do!

On Weds, the festivities will be extended to include a visit from the gas man, to provide the annual service to my boiler and fix a couple of duff radiators. But it doesn’t end there, oh no fuckers, because on Thursday, I’m going through a thick envelope filled with receipts to get ready to do my taxes!

When this hippy has fun, he does not mess around! Yipppeee!

Ok, so life sucks occasionally, that’s hardly a newsflash, especially to a dedicated gloom merchant like myself. Some weeks, it’s one long non-stop rock’n’roll sex’n’drugs party, other weeks, life sucks ass. This is one of the ass-sucking weeks. Pucker up, fuckers!

Once my taxes are out of the way, life could become fun again. There’s a project I’m working on, which I make vague references to occasionally that has moved about a quarter step in the right direction this week. Trust me, things don’t happen quickly in the media and being persistent and patient may serve me well yet!

I’m not going to say much more than that, because I’m still practically no where with it, but I remain guardedly optimistic. It’s something for TV, a potential series and I’m going to start working on the pilot in about a week or so. The good news is there are some high powered TV execs poised to read what I write! Amazing, ain’t it?

But you, my beloved hippyfans, are not amazed. You know that I am one of the great undiscovered talents of the 21st century. At least that’s what my mum says!

Send me those positive vibes, kids. I fuckin’ need ‘em!

Until next time, I remain your ever faithful, ever funny, ever stoned, northlondonhippy!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?